Here are the dates for 2013. The formats are subject to change so sign up for our newsletter to stay informed!
|2013 TOURNAMENT DATES
Event Check In
- Beach check-in (and late registration) the morning of the event opens at 8:00 AM.
- Deadline for checking-in is 8:30 AM SHARP.
- Pre-registered players arriving after 8:30 will be placed on the bottom of the Wait List.
- Late arrivals are not guaranteed pool play and are not eligible for refunds.
- Anyone can play. VBVentures membership is not required. Memberships will pay a discounted entry fee, while non-members will pay $10 more.
- Players must be at least 18 years of age.
- Round Robin Doubles events are Coed or Men’s & Women’s Round Robin DRAW, where you play each game with a different partner during pool play. This means you get maximum playtime on the beach, as opposed to traditional double-elimination tournaments. The top players pool out to playoffs and play with a fixed partner during single elimination playoffs.
- Fixed Partner Doubles events are entered as a team where you play with your partner all day.
- Fours events are played with fixed teams. They also offer maximum play time on the beach.
- Events are either Coed or “Men’s & Women’s.”
- Short court.
- Rally games to 21, win by 1.
- We generally follow the beach volleyball rules laid out by CBVA.
Level of Play
- Four Divisions: 1, 2, 3 & 4 (1=Very Competitive, 4=Fun day at the beach/Beginner).
- Division 1: Experienced beach volleyball players. Players with strong tournament experience. Players with any CBVA rating. Can pass, set, and hit very consistently and play effective defense and offense, including blocking.
- Division 2: Indoor or beach players who can pass, set, and hit consistently. Have moved from basic skills to defensive strategy, shot-making, and blocking. May have taken intermediate or advanced beach volleyball classes. Have played VBVentures tournaments in Division 2 or 3. May have played CBVA tournaments.
- Division 3: Have played some indoor or beach volleyball with strong basic skills. May have taken an intermediate beach volleyball class. Can pass and set with some control and can serve overhand. May have played in VBVentures Division 3 or 4 in the past.
- Division 4: Players who have been recently introduced to beach volleyball, and may have taken a beginner beach volleyball class. Played recreational volleyball, but rarely in tournaments before. The games might be 3 on 3 or 4 on 4, rather than 2s.
- The VBV Rating System is used to place players in divisions. VBV Directors reserve the right to move players between divisions as needed to balance pools.
Sign up Deadline
- 6:00 PM on Friday prior to the event.
- Late Entries: Entries after the deadline will be put on the Wait List. If you miss the on-line registration deadline or want to be wait listed, show up early on Saturday morning.
- Coed tournaments require a Co-Entry, which is a member of the opposite sex, and need not be the same level or division as you are. This is done to have an even number of men and women to balance the pools.
- Cancellations received before NOON on Friday will be eligible for refund or future credit.
- No-Shows are not eligible for refunds.
- Pre-registration entries: $30